OK, this is not a food recipe, it is a DIY home remedy that I love. We have a lot of aches and pains in my house and this cream is becoming one I depend upon to ease a crick in my neck or a aching back. Be very careful not to get this in your eyes and avoid other mucus membranes and delicate tissues!
- 2T Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Jalapeno peppers chopped, seeds included
- 1 T ground or fresh ginger
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 2 T cocoa butter
- 1/4 C avocado butter
- 16 drops birch oil
- 7 drops clove oil
- 1/4 tsp peppermint oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot and add the peppers and ginger. Heat till warm and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour into a lidded jar and seal. Keep the jar in a warm place ( I kept mine by the stove so it warmed up when I cooked) for 3 days.
- Pour the mixture back into a small pot and warm up a bit. Filter through a cheesecloth-lined strainer, squeezing if necessary to get the most oil out.
- Warm pepper-ginger infused oil in the pan again and add the cocoa butter and avocado butter, stir till melted.
- Remove from heat. Add the essential oils.
- Pour into jar and allow to cool. OR
- Pour into a glass bowl or jar, set that jar into a bowl of ice water. Whisk as it cools to fluff up, I used the whisk attachment on my emersion blender.
This stuff smells divine and works like a charm. It may not feel hot at first but the heat from the capsaicin will eventually take away the pain. Warning – if you apply this before or directly after a hot bath it will increase the heat and it may become uncomfortable. Best to make your first batch a bit mild and add more peppers after you’ve experimented some. Avoid habaneros and ghost peppers or anything that might melt your skin off.
- Homemade Vapor Rub (hippiebrowngirl.com)
- Coconut Oil Lotion Bar (ricassweettooth.wordpress.com)
- Natural Cold Remedies (livingalifelesstoxic.com)
- DIY Coco-Rosey Lip Balm (autumnsunshineelise.wordpress.com)
- DIY – Sore Muscle Remedies (directive21.com)